The ABA is Doing More for Advocacy, Education, Prevention, Quality, and Research.
GivingTuesday is a global day of generosity that will take place on November 30, 2021. Grassroots generosity and community action are powerful forces for good, especially in turbulent times.
Your donation to the American Burn Association will support our continued efforts to provide education, prevention, quality care, and research to our burn care community.
Please choose ABA General Fund when contributing your donation.
Dr. Dimick was one of the founders of the American Burn Association. He served as its 10th President in 1978. He also was responsible for establishing the Southern Region Burn Meeting. He was known for his excellence in education and compassion in inpatient care. He treated everyone the same care, respect, and kindness. He was known to be a great friend, role model, and mentor to many ABA past presidents and leaders as well as many burn care professionals in all disciplines.
In honor of ABA Past President Alan R. Dimick’s memory, please consider donating to The Dr. Alan Dimick Educational Fund to support educational opportunities within the burn care community.
- Flame arresters bill
- National Leadership Conference
- DOD funding for burn research
- ABLS expansion & improvements
- Development of new educational content
- CEU accreditation for 7 disciplines
- Regional meeting presentations & support
- Burn Prevention Summit & Framework
- Prevention resources & rebranding
- Burn prevention poster awards
- Certification — Therapist & Nursing
- Nursing Scope & Standards
- Disaster planning
- Burn Care Quality Platform (BCQP)
- Verification — revised criteria & PRQ
- Verified Burn Fellowship Program
- ABA Burn Research Network
- Research writing workshops
- Microbiome project support